Monday, May 2, 2011

Stage 2, Term 2

Posted by Rose Boddam-Whetham, Crimson 2


As the Easter holidays finish, the Second Year Jewellery Design students are catapulted into Autumn, and are all busy trying to finish the cutlery project. This was a very challenging brief, due to having to use the hydraulic press and TIG welding techniques. I chose to use stainless steel and wood in my piece. My concept was based around ancient Aboriginal utensils and their connection toward today's contemporary world. Most people are happy with the outcome of their work and believe they have gained valuable knowledge that they will be able to use in their next project, which is due to begin any day now.


I'm very excited for this to begin as I'm looking forward to developing my welding techniques. The next brief is very open, leaving space for the imagination to explore the many levels of consciousness associated with the past and present. Stay tuned for the goings on withing the world of Enmore Jewellery and Objects. Cheers.



No comments: